Sunday, May 10, 2015

Adventure is not what you see in movies.

I started this blog thinking I was going on this wonderful adventure; that I was so excited for and I would share my wonderful adventure with the world.

Turns out it has taken me two years to do my first post!
That is what a challenge these two years have been!!
It is not an adventure that you see in the movies or the conventional idea of an adventure.


It is an adventure of finding yourself!


I have learnt something else about this big adventure- no one wants to hear the tough parts.
When I complained, I was told by a friend back home, "Well you wanted to go, so I don't know what you are moaning about".

You can not express yourself on social media either- only a fake appearance of tourist photos can you show. But when working and living in a country, you are not a tourist anymore. You begin to see the city for what it is, the good, the bad and the ugly.

These are normal adjustment processes, I have come to learn. And I want to advise those of you wanting to move across the world, "Adventure is not what you see in the movies".




No comments:

Post a Comment