Sunday, May 10, 2015

Divine Intervention

[Context: This is what I wrote on the 31st of December 2013. This is a reflection of getting my job in Abu Dhabi and the first 4 months of settling in. I posted this on Facebook and thought I would share it here, as it shows it does get better- when you change your attitude and see the hand of God at work in your life.]

Divine intervention...
 
Has been my year..
Gods hand has been laying down the path...
First He connected me with some of the most wonderful teachers (Good Hope Seminary, CT).
Who through amazing advice and wisdom were able to make my dreams come true as they gave testimonials for me and guided me with the application process. Which can be tough.
My sister and I both got jobs in Abu Dhabi.
Which is a complete blessing, as I was a bit nervous to take the leap alone.
We got apartments next to each other. I got told to teach Science which is completely out of my comfort zone- but God likes to challenge us.
And anyone who knows me knows parking ain't my thing... I even got a parking spot with no one on either side of me.
We found a sweet Church- which surprised us.
 
Divine Intervention...
God has also surrounded me with an amazing support system - my friends and family in South Africa. My sisters are always there, my folks always care, and my best friend who always cheers and brings a smile to my face.
 
Thank you all for your love and support.
Above all thank you to Jesus who is always a prayer away, and who has His hand of love and protection over my life.
 
All praise to Jesus. 
 
Here is to 2014 another year full of adventures and blessings.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment